The Apostles’ creed is a summary of the Christian faith . It has been in use by believers for over a thousand years as an outline of key elements of the Christian worldview. And it provides us with truths to meditate upon as we seek mind renewal (cf. Rom.12:2).
May its statements nourish our minds and give strength to our hearts as we live to build God’s kingdom on Planet Earth.
- I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth;
- And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord;
- Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary;
- Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into hell;
- The third day he rose again from the dead;
- He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
- From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit;
- I believe in the holy catholic church; the communion of saints;
- The forgiveness of sins;
- The resurrection of the body;
- And the life everlasting. Amen.